Monday, October 27, 2008

I have something of an addiction. It's true. I wander to the used bookstore once or twice a week, browse the racks, and inevitably bring home two or three times the books that I actually end up reading. In addition, people just give me books. As a result, they pile up. Bookshelf space is at a premium.


But I've decided there's a way to combat this reality, albeit minimally. And no, it's not going to the bookstore less often like you might think. It's giving books to you guys!


Once a month I'm going to send a book I've read and enjoyed to one of my email subscribers. I'll spare you the ones I haven't read--who knows how good those ones are. But I will send something I feel is worth reading. I'm going to start with one book but may send more in the future.


In anticipation of your questions, yes, you have to be subscribed by email, which you can do in the right sidebar.


Book #1 will be Philip Roth's Everyman in November.


Do you have a book accumulation addiction?




EXPLAIN
SUBSCRIBE
MANUSCRIPT PROGRESS

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

SOME BOOKS
FROM MY LIBRARY