Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The trouble with being a writer is that you don't get acknowledged. I'll go somewhere to write--the coffee joint, a park, the university--but I just don't stick out enough. If I'm writing by hand I'm just some guy doing a crossword puzzle or making out his grocery list in a park, and no one is compelled to approach me and tell me how brilliant I am. If I'm using my laptop I'm just some guy updating his Facebook page at the cafe or doing his homework at the university. Beautiful med students won't tell a guy updating his Facebook page how much they want to sleep with him. They just won't. I need to stick out more.


Maybe if I grow a beard. Yeah, that should do it.


On a more realistic note, I'll be giving away a book I absolutely love at the end of January. I have multiple copies of it, so be sure you're an email subscriber (which you can do in the sidebar) to be eligible for that.




EXPLAIN
SUBSCRIBE
MANUSCRIPT PROGRESS

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

SOME BOOKS
FROM MY LIBRARY